Most of us, are, still at home. That means we probably spend hours seated on non-ergonomic chairs, or too much time on the sofa, which does not help with our posture, hence to our muscles and bones.
We need to adapt to the changes so we can improve our wellbeing no matter where we are.
The greatest thing is that you can do Pilates in any place as long as you have the space to unfold a mat or towel!
Pilates has SO many benefits, especially during these times. Some of these benefits are:
- increases flexibility
- increases muscle strength and tone
- increase focus
- improve proprioception
- balanced muscular strength and control
- stronger muscles, healther spine
- improved stabilisation of your spine
- rehabilitation or prevention of injuries related to muscle imbalances
- improved physical coordination, proprioception and balance
- relaxation of your shoulders, neck and upper back
- helps with joint rehabilitation
- prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- increased lung capacity and circulation through deep breathing
- improved concentration
- contributes to stress management and relaxation.
There are many online videos for free that you can do at home if you are already a Pilates practitioner or for a better experience for beginners you can also book an online Pilates live class. Please ensure you always check with your GP in case of an existing underlying health condition.
Below there is just an example of an ADVANCED quick workout Cecilia recorded for us. No excuses to do it before your lunch break!